Boost your CV
The purpose of a CV is to sell your self. It is the first impression employers have of you and thereby vital to do it right. Here are some tips for writing or revising your resume.
- Up to date. The information in your CV should be kept up to date and your achievements and skills should be revised according to the importance of today’s world. Select the most relevant achievements and decide on which sections to include and emphasise. If your current position has changed since you last updated your CV, include a section of (new) responsibilities and achievements of the role to date.
- Motivation. What is also important when applying for a job, is to add a motivational letter. This should be written specifically for every position, as each position is different. The motivational letter should state why you are interested in the position and why you think you would be the perfect match to the job.
- Career goals. A CV is a perfect place to reflect your career goals. Decide if the current description is still relevant and adjust where not. Showing your evolution both professionally and personally is a guaranteed way to differentiate from others.
- Online presence. Employers check your online presence as part of the hiring process. Social media can increase candidate applications by between 30 and 50 percent. Therefore, it is important to not only make sure that the information is clear and equals your CV, but also that it looks professional.
- Extra curriculum activities. This is where you include any voluntary work. Voluntary work creates a positive influence on your CV as it demonstrates initiative, communication skills, and makes you a well-rounded individual.
- Total length. A CV should be around 2-3 pages long. It should clearly state your experiences, qualifications and added values to the company. Eliminate unimportant information or revise your text in order to make it relevant and interesting for the employer to read.
- Summary. A summary can not be excluded in your CV as the time spend by employers looking at it is only six seconds. The objective of this section is to develop a clear introductory statement packed with your best skills, competencies and accomplishments.
May you have any inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us!